Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Surfing class/ Clase de surfear

Yesterday I had my first 2 hours of surfing lessons. Carlos, my teacher, owns the surf shop across the walkway from our home on Pasaje del Rocio, just above the Boardwalk in Playas de Tijuana. Lessons and equipment rental for two hours are US$20.00.

Ayer tome' mi primer clase de surfear. Mi maestro Carlos es duen~o de la tienda de surf otro lado del pasaje de nuestra casa en Pasaje del Rocio arriba del Malecon en Playas de Tijuana. La clase y el equipo para dos horas cuesta MN$200.00.


Carlos (on the left) and myself before the class.

Carlos (a la izquierda) y yo antes de la clase.







Are these the beginners waves? They are so big! (I am on the left.)

?Estas son las olas para principiantes? Son tan grandes! (Estoy en la izquierda.)






I am trying to stand up! Maybe I can learn this.

!Estoy tratando de estar de pie! Tal vez puedo aprenderlo.






It is harder than I thought. Two hours is a long time.

Es mas dificil que me imaginaba. 2 horas duran mucho tiempo.

No comments: